A Message from C4K
Dear C4K Family,
It is a challenging time in our community and around the world. The novel coronavirus, COVID-19, has created a tremendous amount of concern, disruption, and uncertainty. Please know that we are thinking of you and hope that you are staying healthy and safe.
C4K is working diligently to find new ways to communicate and engage during this period of social distancing. With the announcement that schools will be closed through the end of the academic year, it is clear that the Clubhouse will not be available for programming in the foreseeable future. We are pulling together resources that combine STEAM activities with e-mentoring online so we can continue preparing youth for a brighter future.
This newsletter is a start. We will build on this each week offering new ways to be a maker, share your work, and collaborate with both mentors and each other. We are also here to support you in any way we can.
We miss you! Stay safe and in touch.
Kala, Tricia, Jill, and Colin
- On March 23rd, Governor Northam announced the closure of K-12 schools through the end of the academic year.
- Charlottesville City Schools has posted a “Family Learning Resources” webpage with information by grade level and details on available resources.
- Albemarle County Schools has launched a “At-Home Learning Resources” website with subject matter resources organized by grade and additional activities for families.
- Looking for information about local resources and support?
- Stay updated on current local news: