A Message from C4K
Dear C4K Family,
We have had another busy week. It was great seeing even more folks in the Virtual Meet-ups. Check out the screenshot below taken during one of the sessions. Jill was showing some members and mentors a site called Bomomo where you can make art with all sorts of random tools that behave in ways you wouldn’t expect.
There has been a lot of progress on the e-Mentoring program with a mentor training trial run scheduled for this week. If you are a mentor, be sure to reach out to Tricia if you’re interested in e-Mentoring!
We hope our members are having a great Spring Break and we look forward to seeing more of you online.
We miss you! Stay safe and in touch.
Kala, Tricia, Jill, and Colin
- We now have regularly scheduled Virtual Meet-ups on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday from 11:00AM-11:30AM. We would love to see you there and hear what you have been up to. We will post the meeting code to the calendar under “Upcoming Events” at the bottom of our homepage.
- Our neighbors at the IX Art Park were featured on the news for their online children’s art education series.
- Check out the stories of these role models that work at the National Radio Astronomy Observatory, headquartered right here in Charlottesville.
- Cricket Magazine has an issue with a lot of helpful information on pandemics: How they start How we fight them How to prevent them
- On March 24th, The Emergency Operations Center (EOC) released a google form for the community to add their emails. The EOC intends to send weekly emails with the week’s needs as well as urgent needs as they arise to this list. Volunteers are asked to self select out if they are high risk or care for anyone who is high risk. If you are interested and able to help, fill out this form.
- Looking for information about local resources and support?
- Stay updated on current local news: