In addition to the following role, we always are looking for dedicated mentors.
Communications, Grants & Administration Assistant (UVA Work Study 2018-2019)
**Please note: All applicants must be enrolled in the UVA Work Study Program to be considered for this role.
C4K seeks a Communications, Grants & Administration Assistant to work with C4K’s Grants & Communications Manager, to provide efficient administrative support for approximately 10 – 15 hours a week throughout the 2018-2019 academic year. While assisting with a wide range of projects, the Communications, Grants & Administration Assistant will gain hands-on experience in many aspects of communications and grant management while also gaining a good understanding of how a small nonprofit organization is managed.
Tasks (include but are not limited to)
- Manage hardware inventory process
- Manage donor acknowledgment process
- Attend staff meetings
- Assist with donor and volunteer database management
- Assist with answering the phone and greeting visitors as needed
- Assist with mailings
- Data entry & maintain spreadsheets
- Usage of Social Media Tools (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, etc.)
- Assist with the implementation of the Annual Communications Plan including creating newsletters, press releases, blog posts, printed materials, etc.
- Participate in the Annual Showcase Event planning and promotion
- Collect and document photographs and quotes from youth members
- Grant research and evaluation in conjunction with staff and volunteers
- Track and document communications
- Research potential major donor prospects
- Assist with donor outreach and cultivation
Qualified candidates will be/have:
- Strong organizational skills
- Effective communication skills (written and verbal)
- Self-motivated and detail-oriented
- Excellent computer skills with experience in social media & the Google Suite
- The ability to work independently and with others – especially volunteers and youth
- Dependability, flexibility, and ability to maintain confidentiality
- The ability to work well under pressure and with deadlines
Prior work/volunteer experience in a non-profit organization is a plus.
Benefits: Opportunity to stretch your skills and be a key player in a small organization. Enjoy a fun, flexible work environment where you can see the difference you are making every day. Develop relationships with the local non-profit community. Receive a letter of recommendation from C4K after successful completion of role.
Time Frame: The Academic Year. Possibility to be a multi-year role.
Schedule: Flexible from 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Salary: $10-12 p.h (depending on experience)
Open to both undergraduate and graduate students.
To apply: Please submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and specify “Communications, Grants & Administration Assistant” in the email subject line.