Donate to Invest in Youth Mentoring
This is how you can make an impact:
- $25: Keep Youth Safe: Pay for a new mentor background check.
- $50: Invest in Technology: Buy a Raspberry Pi for coding projects.
- $100: Foster Connections: Sponsor a job shadowing STEM field trip.
- $250: Build Community: Pay for a youth & family technology event.
- $500: Increase Our Impact: Give a ride for the youth without one.
- $1,000: Strengthen Youth Voice: Send a member to Boston for the Youth Summit technology leadership conference.
- $2,000: Sponsor a 1:1 mentoring pair for an entire year.
All our programming is grounded in research-based best practices. We empower diverse youth within our community through mentoring, STEAM education, project-based learning, and college and career preparation. Your support allows us to grow, so we can connect more people and create a positive, inclusive, and empowered community.
We follow the “The Theory of Positive Youth Development,” which views youth as resources to be developed rather than as problems to be managed. Programs that adhere to this theory provide youth with enriching experiences that broaden their perspectives, improve their socialization, and enhance their skills. Our members are highly capable and spend many hours every week developing their STEAM skills with the resources we provide– industry level technology, professional mentors from the field, skill-building workshops, and a culture of high expectations and support.
We’d love for you to invest in youth, mentoring and education and join our family by donating today.
You can change lives by donating to C4K:
- Click here to make your donation online.
- Donate by mail: Checks should be made payable to Computers4Kids and sent to 945 Second St. SE, Charlottesville, VA 22902
- Donate your marketable securities.
- Become a Trustee: Each year, we have a limited number of Neighborhood Assistance Program (NAP) tax credits available for eligible donations. Members of C4K’s Trustee’s Circle are given priority on receiving tax credits.
- Give through your Donor Advised Fund, click here.
- Give through the Commonwealth of VA Campaign – C4K’s ID # is 3849.
- Give through the Combined Federal Campaign – C4K’s ID # is 75943.
- Give through your employer’s matching-gift program.
C4K is a 501(c)3 tax exempt organization. Donations are typically fully deductible for donors who itemize deductions on Schedule A of their personal income tax return. For more information on donating to C4K, contact Kala Somerville at 434-817-1121 x3.
Give a Laptop
Donate to C4K and empower our youth with your technology equipment! C4K takes donations of laptops (Windows 10 capable) MacBooks and working tablets. We accept donations between 9am and 5pm Monday through Friday. Please complete our donation form and bring it with your donation. Please call before coming by so we can be sure a staff person is available to take your donation. Click here for directions.
Create a Birthday Campaign to raise funds for C4K on Facebook!
Facebook doesn’t charge fees on fundraisers for non-profits – click here for more information!
Give a Vehicle
Donate your car, boat, truck, trailer, boats, RV’s, motorcycles, off road vehicles and other heavy equipment to the CARS program and C4K will receive the proceeds! CARS will even pick your car up. Call 1-888-500-RIDE for details or click below:
Give your Time
Donate your time as a mentor. Contact Tricia Howell, Mentor Coordinator at 434-817-1121 ex. 2 or firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more.
Give when you shop at Amazon!
Shop using Amazon.Smile and choose C4K to benefit! Amazon donates a percentage of each sale to C4K.
Give when you shop online at 3,071 online stores!
Did you know you can donate to us while shopping online using Giving Assistant?