C4K’s mission is to empower youth (7-12th grade) from low-income families to be prepared with the 21st-century skills required to attend college, pursue meaningful careers, and ultimately, break the cycle of generational poverty. At C4K, all youth-driven STEAM (science, technology, engineering, arts, and math) projects are grounded in 21st-century skills. Since C4K opened in 2001, 97% of our youth have graduated from high school (the local rate is 85%), and 92% went on to college. All our programming is offered free of charge to youth and their families. We offer:
- 9+ months of one-to-one mentoring.
- Year-round drop-in group mentoring.
- Camps, workshops, job shadowing and field trips.
- Youth leadership on our Youth Council.
- Access to industry-level software, Video & Audio Production Suites, Clubhouse ‘makerspace’ and Mentor Studio.
- Self-paced, self-guided projects.
- A free, refurbished laptop with support.
- Access to resources through The Clubhouse Network, a program of the Museum of Science, Boston in collaboration with the MIT Media Lab.
Sign up to stay in touch!